Quality Assurance Specialist (Nights)
Seeking a Focused and Detail Oriented Quality Assurance Specialist
for our Baton Rouge Distribution Center!
As a member of our family owned business, the Quality Assurance Specialist will work under the direction of the Director of Workplace Advancement and is responsible primarily for ensuring that product selected and delivered to our customers meets company and customer quality standards and specifications.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a warehouse environment or Associate’s Degree preferred
- Food distribution industry experience is highly preferred
- Good computer skills
- Must be well organized
- Possess good oral, reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to questions from company departmental staff, customers, and regulatory auditors as required
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations that require patience and courtesy
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout warehouse continuously
- Must be able to withstand cold temperatures in a produce warehouse environment
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Only Qualified Applicants Need Apply